January 17, 2012

Let me introduce you...

Entries are rooms that introduce your house to all who enter. They should not just be a place to hang a coat or check your hair, but they should tell a story about the people who live there. You only get a one chance to make a first impression, so do it with style!

I wonder what kind of story this entry is saying...
Houzz.com

The type of furniture you choose to use in an entry can vary from a simple table or chest to an elaborate vignette consisting of a table, seating and beautiful art. A classical approach, if you have the space, is a round table.

I always like to see a beautiful lamp in an entry to provide much needed lighting at night and a mirror is always nice so people can make sure they look great when they enter or leave a room. Here are some examples of entries I love...


All Images from Houzz.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley