February 26, 2013

We All Need to Brighten Up

The warmer weather brings all sorts of reasons to make some changes around the house.  I usually find time to tackle my garage to curb my hoarding tendencies, but this year I'm definitely doing some things to "brighten up" a few rooms in my house.  What about you?

The easiest and least expensive change to make are with pillows, but you can read about that in any design magazine.  I'm here to give you some real ideas to give some rooms in your house that much needed jump start.

Art is an easy and sometimes inexpensive way to give your room a much needed boost. I'm loving this new art from Paragon and the colors are WOW!  


I recently changed the fabric on my upholstered headboard with a matching dust ruffle for a much needed change.  I left all my other bedding and window treatments the same.  If you have a headboard with a straight top, it's really easy to staple new fabric on it.  Buy a ready-made dust ruffle with a matching drapery panel.  Use the panel as the "fabric" on the headboard and you've got a brand new look for not much money.



Have you got a console table that's open underneath?  Or some space in front of your fireplace?  Slip a couple of these babies either under the table or in front of your firebox and not only do you have some color, but two extra seats as well.



Finally, add or change out a rug.  I'm really loving the flatweave rugs because they are widely available, well-priced and are reversible.   
 

After working on this post, I'm definitely ready to add some much needed color in my house.  Everything here is available through Jennifer Taylor Design.  If you need some help getting your house ready for spring, give me a call!

Thanks for Reading,
Jennifer

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley