April 18, 2014

Can I Have This Dance?

This week I did one of my favorite things...installed a bedroom for a little girl!  Little spaces are the best.  Clients tend to be more open to color and pattern and we usually have a young one chiming in on what they want  This was the last untouched room in the house since my clients built it a few years ago.  Their youngest daughter was finally ready for a room of her own and requested "ballerinas" as her theme.  As you can see we were working with a pretty clean slate...



My first step in a room design is to always a create a furniture plan.  What can we fit in here?  The client needed a larger bed so the room could function as a guest room, clothing storage, a place for books and a cushion for the window seat - on a tight budget no less!  So, we agreed to invest in the bed, dresser and window seat cushion, but then stretch the budget on all the details.


So, to Target and Home Goods I went and presented this design plan to the clients.  Everything was quickly approved and off I went to finalize the details and get the orders going.


And here is the final result...






My clients weren't home when I was there and just a few minutes after I left, I received this text...

 
   
Reason number 9,446 that I LOVE MY JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley