April 11, 2012

{Inspiration}

I am often asked where do I start when designing a room. First the boring part, which is drawing out the space and placing all the furniture to make sure it will fit. You wouldn't believe how many times people make the most expensive mistakes by not doing the most simple thing...measuring!

Then, comes the fun part. I start with a piece that provides an {inspiration} for the entire room. That is usually a fabric, rug or piece of art. From that, I just start putting the room together like a beautiful puzzle. I try to keep the larger, upholstered pieces in a solid neutral tone. These are also the ones you should spend a little more money for as they get the most use, like a sofa. I love a rug with lots of color, then pull it all together with the art and accent fabrics.

Accent tables are another great way to inject a little personality into a room, along with beautiful lamps. I look for really unique little treasures to place around a room. There are so many companies out there making great lighting and not only lamps, but ceiling and wall lights. Using lighting in creative ways can help your space be a place of {inspiration} for you.

Here are some pieces I put together for a new space...




If you need some help putting a little {inspiration} into your home, I'm just a phone call away!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley