October 29, 2012

Fall in Love (with planning a party)

One of the things I enjoy best is planning a party!  I love finding the ideas, planning the menu, decorating the tables and being a "hostess with the mostess".  My latest adventure has been putting together a couple's shower for my brother and his fiance.  They are getting married in February and we're so happy to have Katie part of our crazy family.  My sister and I are doing it together and we're having it in her amazing backyard.  She has a built-in fire pit and walk-out basement, so it's a perfect place for a party!

Having a party in November definitely screams pumpkins, burlap and warm drinks!  So, we are having all of that and more.  Because it's in the evening, we are doing heavy hors d'oeuvres with lots of fun stations scattered around to include popcorn, s'mores and coffee.  We still have lots of details to work out on the food, but here are some great ideas I found on Pinterest to inspire me.  I promise to post about the party and show you how it all turns out.

Here's the invitation we ordered from The Polka Dot Press.  I took one of their standard designs and changed it around some.  Kim always does such a great job!

I can probably think of a million ways to use a pumpkin as a bowl.

Not very practical, but I love the idea.

We are so going to do this!

If I can find inexpensive holders, we're definitely doing this.

This is a little over the top, but I like the idea of using wheat and flowers together.

Pumpkin doughnuts...we need something sweet on the coffee bar.

My inspiration for the popcorn bar idea.  I just need to find some of those baskets.

If I don't do this at the party, I'm definitely going to for Thanksgiving.

Another great inspiration photo.  I love the hanging lights.
 I can't wait until we can actually execute some of these fun ideas.

Thanks for reading,
Jennifer  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley