December 16, 2013

Final Look at Summer Duck

When a project comes to an end, it's always bitter sweet for me.  I love my work and my clients, so it's hard to say "good-bye".  Summer Duck was one of those projects where I had the best clients who trusted me to guide them through the difficult task of building a new house.  What's even better, they trusted themselves to make some gutsy decisions and pushed through to get them done.  I was able to get over one last time before they moved in and of course, the painters were still there doing last minute touch-ups.  I really wanted to have this house professionally photographed, but it just didn't work out.


This entry foyer is a perfect example of what this room should do.  It welcomes you and gives you a preview of what is to come in this home.
The perfect powder bath.  My client found a cute antique cabinet to use as the vanity.  Just needs a mirror to complement that chicken wire light!

I just don't have the words to describe how wonderful this kitchen turned out.
Farmhouse sink with Torquay counters by Cambria. 

My client and I spent a lot of time finding the perfect lights.  Here is one of three vintage ones she found over the summer. 
The family entry, off the garage, with interior brick pavers and board and batten trim.
Here's a laundry room that took a little effort, but so worth it.  Yes, that light is red!
For the sink, my client found a metal tub and paired it with a wall-mount tub filler.  Genius!
Master bath with wood floors.  My first time doing this on a project and so happy with how it turned out.  With just a little extra care, these should last for years to come.

Another vintage light...
Their son's bathroom turned out so great!  Vintage hexagon tile on the floor, white subway tile in the tub and a blue cabinet. 
In my last post about Summer Duck, I promised there would be a red front door.  This is the best photo I could get of that for you.  Oh, and here's the last vintage light. 
You can see more photos of Summer Duck on my Houzz profile and I can't wait to share more projects with you after the new year.  I wish you and yours a safe and joyous holiday.  We will continue to cherish our time with family and do our best to remember the real meaning of Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley