May 31, 2012

Summer Vacation

Summer vacation has officially started at our house.  Since my son's school gets out a little earlier than most of the other schools, we usually take our summer vacation during this time.  But not this year.  Next week he is going off to camp (the one where he actually sleeps there) and I am a nervous wreck!  Granted the camp is only 20 miles away and he is super excited, but I can't help but feel like a crazy mom.  Wes is 8 and has been asking to go to off to camp since he knew they existed.  I seriously considered one in North Carolina, but decided to keep him a little closer to home this year.  His dad went off to camp for weeks at a time while he was growing up, so we both feel that this will be a good experience for him.  

The list of items he needed to take with him was vast, so I started getting things together for him weeks ago.  Here is a shot of everything he has to take with him.   


We ordered him a footlocker/trunk a few weeks before camp and here is the best picture of him pulling it through the aisle at Walmart.  I'm going to miss this little monkey!


While Wes is at Camp Indian Springs, I'm going to have my own "Mommy Camp".  My goals for the week are...manicure, massage (I'm finally going to use that gift certificate I've had since October), sleep in, take a nap, dinner with friends, drink some wine and somewhere in all that I will do a little work.   

I'll end this post with some photos of my dream summer vacations...

Australia
Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
Coast of California
North Carolina




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley