June 6, 2012

My Love/Hate Relationship with Pinterest

Pinterest has become my latest obsession aka time waster.  I tell myself that I'm using it for inspiration and finding new products for my clients, but mainly I just like seeing what other people deem "pin worthy".  This is the part that always surprises me.  Do people really think they are going to make that and if they do, it's going to look like the picture?  This goes for recipes and crafts!

Doing a little research for this post, I found that there are sites out there dedicated to these ridiculous pins.  Pinterest, You Are Drunk is one of my favorites, along with some of their wonderful posts. 
I wonder if their homeowner's insurance covers this?
Only 47 painstaking steps to make these cookies that a child will break and devour in 2 seconds.
There is even a board dedicated to the worst pins on Pinterest.  So, I decided to spend (waste) some time and find what I think are some of the worst ideas on Pinterest.  


There are tons of great wreath ideas out there.  This one just isn't right somehow.
I bet these stairs are leading to a disco ball in the basement.
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this idea for a chair...
You would think you would at least clean the dishes from the sink before showcasing your beautiful, penny covered counter top!



I do want to end this post on a positive note.  I love Pinterest and it has become a valuable tool for me.  I also think it helps inspire people to cook more, decorate more and craft more, which can only be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley