August 16, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Recently, I've had to select lots of mirrors for clients.  It's been fun looking through all the choices and finding the "perfect one".  I love using mirrors for lots of reasons.  

{Function}
Of course you need mirrors in your bathrooms.  Most people have those standard, plate glass mirrors in their bathrooms.  A great way to add some personality to your space is by removing those and adding a decorative mirror instead.  Another great trick is to have a carpenter (or your handy husband) add trim around your existing mirrors. This turns your standard mirror into something custom.


from Houzz

from Houzz

from Houzz



from Houzz


{Creating Space}
Adding a mirror always expands a space, but where you hang it is crucial.  Make sure you are reflecting something beautiful, not a dirty ceiling fan. 

from Carrier and Company

Divider Screen by Jennifer Taylor Design

from Lita Dirks & Co

from Houzz

{Reflection}
Mirrors bring in light, so using them in a room that lacks natural light is a must, such as an entry.  I really like using floor mirrors (aka leaning mirrors) into a space.  I have one in my bedroom and love it.  It helps me make sure my shoes match when I leave the house each day.


from Interior Philosophy

from All Things Tizz

from HomeGoods

from Etsy

{Design}
What better reason to have a mirror other than it's beautiful and could be considered a work of art on it's own.  Get creative!


from Lita Dirks & Co

from Jennifer Taylor Design

from Jennifer Taylor Design

from Jennifer Taylor Design

from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley