March 12, 2013

Toes in the Water, Toes in the Sand

Living so close to the coast, I thought it was time to write about coastal living and how it's different from how you design for your everyday life.  I'm also planning a little getaway for spring break, so I have sand and sun on my mind this week.

Most homes along the coast are filled with tile and if you're lucky, wood flooring.  It's great for easy clean up from a day at the beach, but it can leave a room feeling cold and unwelcoming.  The easiest thing to add warmth and texture is with a rug.  Natural fiber ones are a great look and provide easy clean up.






I like to keep the bedding simple by using white sheets and lightweight blankets, but if you need a little more than that, here are some great sets from Eastern Accents.






Another thing to keep simple are accessories.  Jars filled with sand and shells are easy and inexpensive to make.  Keep the accessories neutral and bring in color with art, throws and pillows.  I REALLY like using statement lamps to bring style into a room and they are one accessory that is worth the investment.








I can't end this post without sharing this great find from Red Envelope.  This has to be the best gift for anyone planning to spend any time on the beach this summer!


If you have a little place at the coast that might need a little TLC before the summer, give me a call.  I'd love to help you!

Thanks for reading,
Jennifer 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley