May 13, 2013

Patio Dream

My back patio is a hole, literally.  It's just a concrete pad, surrounded by my house on three sides.  It's nice because you have privacy from your neighbors, but it gets very little light and all the leaves/dirt collect in the corners.  We never use it, but our life has changed with our new pup and I would really like to spend more time in our backyard this summer.  So, I've decided to put the patio on the top of my decorating list.  I promise to write about my journey and share my fabulous finds, as this space will definitely have to be done on a TIGHT budget!


This is my how my poor patio looks now - bad right?!

My list is pretty simple, but the one thing I know I want is a place to recline.  I may keep those two iron chairs if I can find the right cushions.  We don't have room for a sofa, so I'm thinking of some sort of daybed or chaise. 

This is what I would love to have!
This is what I have in my budget...

Here are some of my inspiration photos that I'll carry around on my phone as I begin my quest.  I would really like to find at least one piece of wicker with tons of colorful pillows.




I'm going to start by looking at Craigslist and my local thrift shop to see if I can find something that just needs some TLC.  Fingers crossed!

Thanks for Reading,
Jennifer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley