January 16, 2013

A Year in Pictures

I can't believe it's been a year since I officially started Jennifer Taylor Design and what a year it's been!  I've been blessed with the BEST clients that have not only challenged me to do my best work, but have been open to most of my ideas.  To mark this occasion I thought I would recap the year with photos of different projects, at different stages throughout 2012.  Be warned - most of these photos were taken with my phone and are not the best, but they help tell my story.  Enjoy!

Some finishing touches on a master bedroom.  Love this seating area.
This kitchen was featured in the 2012 Parade of Homes.
The extent of my "craftiness" for the boy's bathroom in the same parade house.
A bed I designed with a custom canopy and pillows to go with a colorful quilt I found at a local store.
These were the selections I put together for a family room re-do in Orlando.  We designed and furnished the entire room via email and mail.  We are now working on the finishing touches to include window treatments.



Fabrics I put together for new cushions and pillows for a breakfast nook.
This is a page from my first e-Design project for a studio apartment.  I can't wait to get the finished photos back from the client.
Built-in desk I designed for a girl's bedroom.
This was the kitchen island top for a home renovation project I helped with.
This was the rug I selected and used for inspiration for a playroom I designed.
The finished product.  Both the parents and kids couldn't be happier with how this space turned out.
This was one of my largest projects of the year.  I assisted these clients on all the selections for their new "modern country" home, as well as the furnishings once they moved in.  It has been a great project with a great family!
This was their kitchen right before they moved in.  We did a real brick splash instead of traditional tile and I was so happy with how it turned out.  
This photo wall (from another project) highlights many generations of this family.  I helped create this with another designer I work withThe client's reaction was tears.
This is a bathroom that we totally transformed with just wallpaper, fabric and new lighting.  
This was installed in a nursery I designed.  We took full advantage of the stripe around the room to highlight the wall decor we used.


I loved helping these clients finish off their green dining room by installing new draperies and rug, as well as new fabric for their existing dining chairs.

Detail shot of the draperies.  This was one of my favorite fabrics I used all year!
A Mickey and Minnie Mouse wall decal I installed in a kid's bathroom.  Well worth the effort.
The finished family room in my modern farmhouse project.
I ended the year doing a little holiday decorating for one of my favorite clients...my sister!

I can't begin to put in words how grateful I am for a wonderful first year.  I find myself wondering if I made the right decision, but I'm always reminded that I did by the feeling I get looking forward to each day.  I know year #2 will not only bring me more projects, but more people to teach me and bless me.

Thanks for reading,
Jennifer 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jennifer Taylor Design All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley